Reporting directly to the pre-sales manager, the pre-sales engineer’s role is to introduce and guarantee the technical and functional offer to prospects and clients, according to established rules and procedures.
Experience with BI solutions (Tableau and Power BI)
- Offer a concrete experience of Tableau and Power BI solution deployment on clients’ premises (for instance: corporate use cases, administration matters, technical expertise on workbooks, installation processes, etc.
- Answer the questions of the R&D team regarding configuration, sizing, usage, typical issues with Tableau and Power BI software.
- Design product training material.
- Work in cooperation with the COE in order to provide Tableau and Power BI solutions training for the 360Suite team (sales, pre-sales and R&D).
- Work with the R&D team to contribute to the product roadmap based on Tableau and Power BI.
- Work with the R&D team to test products and provide feedback for improvements.
Manage pre-sales activities in North America
- Guarantee pre-sales processes and activity for all business cases.
- Collaborate with and support sales engineers during the phases of the business process.
- Ensure that the products and solutions matches the prospects’ requirements and assist sales regarding technical qualifications.
- Prepare and provide technical presentations and discussions during phone conferences to detail our solutions to existing and potential clients.
- Contribute to the technical and functional parts of the commercial proposal.
- Occasional international travel in order to attend trade/showcase/exhibition and events.
- Recommend new features and use cases for product development.
- Maintain pre-sales CRM data and details with special care regarding the data quality.
- Ensure with the global VP Sales that the product demonstration, proof of concept and client/prospect support ticket review processes are implemented.
- Work with the VP Sales on pre-sales product demonstration material.
Address bid solicitations or commercial proposals
- Work with clients in order to evaluate product and research needs and determine possible solutions.
- Draft coherent technological solutions along with technical design management.
- Perform proof-of-concept or feasibility demonstrations.
- Convert design briefs into actual specifications for the R&D department.
- Assist sales engineers with clients in order to bring technical support and insight about the company’s offer.
- Assist sales engineers in order to generate extra revenue from existing clients (upsales).
- Perform technical demonstrations, give product presentations to decision makers and/or users.
- Answer technical questions and secure client’s decision making.
- Maintain expert-grade knowledge of Tableau, Power BI and 360Suite products.
- Test new product versions.
- Ensure the respect of specific ethical rules and proper operation while keeping in touch with the company’s culture and values
- Contribute to marketing material that requires pre-sales participation (for instance, webinars, tutorials, etc.)
- Use gained experience with the project in order to implement the solution. The pre-sales engineer provides expertise in order to ensure proper operation and reinforce trust bonds with clients.
- Business English.
- At least two years of experience with Tableau or Power BI.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with BusinessObjects is an advantage.
- Information collection, problem-solving abilities. Capable of providing organizational optimization solutions.
- Ease of expression.
- Able to organize work.
- Sense for business and relational ease when in contact with clients.
Workplace: Montreal, CANADA
Contract type: Permanent full-time contract