As our Chief Finance Officer is going on maternity leave, we are looking for an experienced international accountant.
The accounting and finance department centralizes administrative, accounting/finance services for the entire GB&Smith group. Our branches are based in the USA, Canada, UK and France.
There is a variety of functions depending each branch and on its location:
- General accounting: deal with general and sub ledger accounting in accordance with fiscal, and accounting norms, perform audits, inventories, communicate accounting documents to local firms, check accounting records, coordinate quarterly and annual closings in conjunction with firms and public accountants.
- Sub ledger accounting: check and pay expense bills, ensure inter-branch invoice management and arrangements.
- Analytical accounting: check that the adequate codifications are used at account entry recording time.
- Balance monitoring: ensure bank reconciliation, establish daily relations with banks,
optimize payments, edit balance and finance projections.
- Knowledge of accounting and tax systems.
- Comfortable with office software suites, knowledge of accounting software (QuickBooks & excellent knowledge of Excel).
- Good command of English (for communication with local accounting firms).
- Rigorous, able to work independently, analytical skills.
- Good understanding of multicurrency processes and of international processes would be a plus.
Job access conditions
- Accountant/Finance’s degree with 3 to 5 years of experience
- Experience with accounting (including general and sub ledger accounting).
- Experience with remote international accounting from France or with the management of the accounting of companies based outside France would be a plus.
- Experience with financial report and balance sheet editing would be a plus
- International experience would be a plus for this position.
- Temporary (6-month) contract
- Full time
- Rue Nationale, 59800 LILLE, France